|Job Title||Registered Nurse - Critical Care*|
|Location||Olympia, WA*||*Position is based out of Thurston County, WA|
*Come join our awesome Critical Care Nursing Team in Thurston County!
Please apply for immediate consideration.*
Falck is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 4 states in the US including: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is the second largest private provider of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
Click on the below link for a short video about what it means to join Falck!
Why choose Falck?
As a Nurse at Falck, you are a valued member of a passionate and professional team built on care and careful preparation. We know what it takes to respond to an emergency – that you’re doing your utmost to preserve life, to prevent worsening and to promote healing.
And you know that once the patient is safe, their friends or relatives on the scene also require care and attention. With Falck, you can count on having the equipment and training you need to do the job right – and the support from great colleagues and leaders to handle what comes after. Because we know that the challenges of tomorrow will be different than the ones today, we use the stand-by time to practice and prepare. Here, you can keep developing and learning new skills for new scenarios. As a Nurse with Falck, you know you come prepared to be there for people in crisis.
The primary responsibility of the Registered Nurse (RN) is to provide or assist in providing an ongoing plan to care for patients through established pre-hospital processes, the environment, instrumentation, other health care team members, and interacting agencies. The primary objective of the Registered Nurse (RN) is to provide safe and expedient response and transport as dispatched to emergent and non-emergent calls where patient care is provided and continued enroute to a definitive care facility.
The RN may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Presents himself/herself in a professional manner and displays a good public image for the employee and Falck in accordance with company policy.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Falck , including the operation’s Standard Operating Procedures and Medical Protocols.
- Participates and completes all daily assignments proficiently, punctually and in accordance with the directives of the Operations Supervisor, General Manager and other management team members.
- Completes appropriate documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides an environment and equipment conducive to safety for patients, family members, visitors, and employees, and in compliance with set precautions and approved standards. Assesses risks to patient safety.
- Operates the emergency vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintains vehicles, and stations in a clean and presentable manner at all times. The employee shall strive to exceed Falck expectations for cleanliness of the vehicles and stations.
- Responds to instructions from dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations.
- Develops and strives to achieve personal and professional goals established by the employee. Utilizes all resources available to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Maintains communications equipment, medical equipment and supplies in accordance with applicable standards.
The RN may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- May serve as team lead to EMT’s.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Current state driver’s license.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical RN duties including but not limited to bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting at established weight requirements, climbing, working at heights, etc. (satisfactorily meet company physical assessments/tests).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with Falck Driving Policy.
- Other qualifications specific to the local operation and/or contract.
Within 3 months of employment, EMT must have:
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current American Heart Association CPR for the Healthcare Provider card
- ACLS card or equivalent training
- PALS card or equivalent training (required within 6 months of employment)
- EMT License is preferred (required as soon as course is available)
- Trauma Nursing Course Certified (TNCC), TNATC, or National Association of Emergency Medical Technician’s Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Provider (PHTLS) card (required within 6 months of employment)
- Washington State Department of Health – Licensed Registered Nurse with current 2 years’ emergency room experience and /or 1 year critical care experience. Prefer CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse), CCRN Critical Care Registered Nurse or CFRN (Certified Flight Registered Nurse)
- Washington State Department of Health – Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Provided upon hire