|Job Title||Paramedic (911 Units)*|
|Location||Salem, OR*||*Position is based out of Salem, OR|
Come join for 911 Salem, Oregon Operations! We are offering Part-Time opportunities, please apply for immediate consideration.*
Falck is a is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 4 states in the US including: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is one of the largest private provider of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
Click on the below link for a short video about what it means to join Falck!
The primary responsibility of the Paramedic (EMT-P) is to provide ongoing care through established Pre-hospital processes, the environment, instrumentation, other health care team members, and interacting agencies. The primary objective of the Paramedic is to provide safe and expedient response to emergent and non-emergent calls where patient care is provided and continued enroute to a definitive care facility.
What We Offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
The Paramedic (EMT-P) may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Presents himself/herself in a professional manner and displays a good public image for the employee and Falck USA in accordance with company policy.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Falck USA, including the operation’s Standard Operating Procedures and Medical Protocols.
- Participates and completes all daily assignments proficiently, punctually and in accordance with the directives of the Field Supervisor, General Manager and other management team members.
- Completes appropriate documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides an environment and equipment conducive to safety for patients, family members, visitors, and employees, and in compliance with set precautions and approved standards. Assesses risks to patient safety.
- Operates the emergency vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintains vehicles and stations in a clean and presentable manner at all times. The employee shall strive to exceed Falck USA expectations for cleanliness of the vehicles and stations.
- Responds to instructions from dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations.
- Develops and strives to achieve personal and professional goals established by the employee. Utilizes all resources available to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Maintains communications equipment, medical equipment and supplies in accordance with applicable standards.
The Paramedic (EMT-P) may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- May serve as team lead to EMT’s.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current State of OR Paramedic Card
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- Current American Heart Association CPR for the Healthcare Provider card
- Current Oregon driver’s license.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Falck USA Driving Policy.
- Completion of IS-100 b course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of IS-200 b course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of IS-700 a course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of Introduction to Hazardous Materials course
- Completion of Blood-borne and Airborne Pathogen course
- Other qualifications specific to the local operation and/or contract.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical EMT duties including but not limited to bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting at established weight requirements, climbing, working at heights, etc. (satisfactorily meet company physical assessments/tests).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
The clinical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Providing Basic Life Support Care and transport while working as a member of an emergency medical team to patients while in adherence to the scope of practice, patient care procedures, protocols and medical direction according to their level of certification/licensure.
- Determining the nature and extent of illness or injury, magnitude of catastrophe, need for additional assistance, establishing and providing patient care by developing a patient care plan and performing skills within the scope of practice and according to patient care procedures, protocols and medical direction.
- Monitoring patient conditions and responses to care.
- Communicating with professional medical personnel interagency and at emergency and non emergency treatment facilities.
- Obtaining instructions regarding further treatment from qualified personnel, arranging for reception of patients at treatment facilities and assisting with Advanced Life Support Care as directed by individuals with that level of qualification.
- Completes patient care reports in accordance with documentation standards as required by Falck USA and other regulating agencies.
- Assists health care facilities and personnel to obtain and record information related to patients’ vital statistics, circumstances of transport/emergency and the documentation of patient care provided.
- Acknowledges accountability for all patient care provided.
Falck is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.Click here to review the complete job description