|Job Title||EMT- Basic (Sign on Bonus)*|
|Location||Fife,WA*||*Position is based out of Pierce County, WA|
*Please note, if you applied within the last 60 days, you do not need to re-apply.
All new-hires will be eligible for a sign-on bonus. More information to be provided during orientation.*
Falck is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 4 states in the US including: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is the second largest private provider of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
Why choose Falck?
As an EMT at Falck, you are a valued member of a passionate and professional team built on care and careful preparation. We know what it takes to respond to an emergency – that you’re doing your utmost to preserve life, to prevent worsening and to promote healing.
And you know that once the patient is safe, their friends or relatives on the scene also require care and attention. With Falck, you can count on having the equipment and training you need to do the job right – and the support from great colleagues and leaders to handle what comes after. Because we know that the challenges of tomorrow will be different than the ones today, we use the stand-by time to practice and prepare. Here, you can keep developing and learning new skills for new scenarios. As an EMT with Falck, you know you come prepared to be there for people in crisis.
The primary responsibility of the EMT is to respond to emergency and non-emergency requests, provides basic life support (BLS) as needed, and transports sick or injured persons to the appropriate medical facility.
The EMT may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Presents himself/herself in a professional manner and displays a good public image for the employee and Falck USA in accordance with company policy.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Falck USA, including the operation’s Standard Operating Procedures and Medical Protocols.
- Participates and completes all daily assignments proficiently, punctually and in accordance with the directives of the Operations Supervisor, General Manager and other management team members.
- Completes appropriate documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides an environment and equipment conducive to safety for patients, family members, visitors, and employees, and in compliance with set precautions and approved standards. Assesses risks to patient safety.
- Operates the emergency vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintains vehicles and stations in a clean and presentable manner at all times. The employee shall strive to exceed Falck USA expectations for cleanliness of the vehicles and stations.
- Responds to instructions from dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations.
- Develops and strives to achieve personal and professional goals established by the employee. Utilizes all resources available to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Maintains communications equipment, medical equipment and supplies in accordance with applicable standards.