|Job Title||Registered Nurse*|
|Location||Fife,WA*||*Position is based out of Pierce County, WA|
|Reports to||Operations Manager|
Falck is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 4 states in the US including: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is the second largest private provider of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
Why choose Falck?
As a Nurse at Falck, you are a valued member of a passionate and professional team built on care and careful preparation. We know what it takes to respond to an emergency – that you’re doing your utmost to preserve life, to prevent worsening and to promote healing.
And you know that once the patient is safe, their friends or relatives on the scene also require care and attention. With Falck, you can count on having the equipment and training you need to do the job right – and the support from great colleagues and leaders to handle what comes after. Because we know that the challenges of tomorrow will be different than the ones today, we use the stand-by time to practice and prepare. Here, you can keep developing and learning new skills for new scenarios. As a Nurse with Falck, you know you come prepared to be there for people in crisis.
As a member of the Critical Care Response Transport Team, the Registered Nurse, interacting with the Emergency Medical Technician, responds to all assigned calls to provide patient assessment and critical skilled nursing care and transport services to patients in a professional and efficient manner. The nurse interacts with physicians, nurses, allied health staff, the patient and family members to provide a safe and hazard free transport environment. The Nurse is ultimately responsible for supervising the care, ongoing assessment and treatment of the patient while en route to the receiving facility.
The Registered Nurse may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing quality patient care utilizing critical care nursing skills, ACLS protocols, company protocols, transport orders, and pharmacological knowledge.
- Safe lifting, transferring and maneuvering of patients in and out of ambulances, facilities, residences and other locations.
- Operating the emergency vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Presenting himself/herself in a professional manner and displaying a good public image for the employee and Falck Northwest in accordance with company policy.
- Adhering to the policies and procedures of Falck Northwest, including the Falck Northwest Policy and Procedure Manual and Washington State and County EMS protocols.
- Completing appropriate documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Completing all daily assignments proficiently, punctually and in accordance with the directives of the Operations Supervisor, General Manager and other management team members.
- Responding to instructions from dispatch center and driving specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations.
- Providing an environment and equipment conducive to safety for patients, family members, visitors, and employees, and in compliance with set precautions and approved standards. Assessing risks to patient safety.